Saturday, January 26, 2008

dreams

Dreams can be soooooooooo wierd. I have been sleeping in the den the last few nights as it is cold in my bedroom and even with the space heater running its hard to get it over 55 degrees in there. Sometimes that is actually better for sleep though. I've had some wierd dreams in the den though. I woke about 2 this am dreaming I was with my mom, my uncle, some kid with mom, and my dog and the dog we had when I was a kid. We were driving through dallas and I called a friend of mine I know on line that had moved there for help knowing where to go. (online friend is real and has talked of moving to dallas but not in months) I was on the phone with her telling her places we were near turned right at the corner with 2 big buildings at least one of them was a huge church the other was some kind of church sponsored rehab kind of place and then there were appartments too across from it. We went down into that neighborhood and found the place we were to stay which right there in a neighborhood was a little state park with a cabin they rented out. The cabin had 3 bedrooms with a big bed in each and a little bed too in one and then there was a big common room/kitchen combo. Mom and the kid took the one with a big and a little bed, I took a room and my uncle took one. There was a door to out side in mine and I moved a dresser over it cuase it wouldn't shut all the way or lock. Once we all got settled we sat around and watched tv till the dogs wanted to go out so we opened the front door for them to go out and a dog the house that was across the street wanted them to come play not in words but could tell so the dogs went out and then came back in. Thats when I woke up with a dog pawing me to go out lol. This was such a vivid in color dream I can still close my eyes and see parts of it. Could draw you a floor plan of the cabin thing. Makes me wonder when I dream so vivid why some people don't or don't remember doing so and why I seem to dream like this all the time. Wasn't a bad dream wasn't overly good just a dream. I have lots of dreams like this that are very detailed and very vivid. Many of them I would never post here though LOL. Sometimes very good some times bad but mostly like this one just dreams neither good nor bad. Any thoughts or ideas on the topic of dreams is welcome.

2 comments:

Raine said...

I think some dreams have some meaning and that it is very obvious, but I think that much of dreaming is just the mind processing information and sometimes it gets shuffled in disturbing ways

Pungo River Rambling said...

I agree with Raine. I had dreams about tornadoes when I lived in Ohio. When I was a kid I dreamed about being lost. Now I hardly ever dream but maybe that has something to do with not remembering my dreams. Or no fears.