Saturday, December 15, 2007

Today

ohhhhhhh how nice today has been. We have stayed home and I have spent the day crocheting. I'm almost finished now with a set of 3 doillies that will be a Christmas gift for a friend. Still got a good bit on the last one to do but had to give my eyes a break. Hubby has been here since Thursday and just went to his home today. We will be there next saturday for a full 2 weeks. It has started raining and is finally getting cooler. It sure hasn't felt like christmas with the temperatures being in the upper 70s and 80s the last few days. Read a friend's blog and her discription of listening to birds while she was outside sure was like a breath of fresh air and brought me great peace thinking of some times when I have been near water in early mornings. Only 10 more days to Christmas and wow this year has seemed to fly. Makes me wonder what the next year will bring although in my mind I tend to think of years as in school years not calender years so I'm only half way through this year. Hope everyone is able to for at least a few minutes here or there enjoy some peace in their life over the last few weeks left in 2007.

3 comments:

Pungo River Rambling said...

Well our nice warm December days just crashed today.
Today was windy, chilly and now it is raining. About time, I know, but now here is where I want to complain and I don't have a leg to stand on. I have to take my sweet puppy Tasha out in the yard (in the cold rain) Yuck.

Raine said...

I'm crocheting a baby blanket, Have to get moving on it but since the writers strike all my shows are reruns and I have been so busy I really havent been sitting and watching TV and crocheting. Thanks for reminding me I have to finish it by christmas.

Jael said...

Hey Momo, you might not see this since it's an old post, but my partner likes to crochet too, and she has made some really big bags with it, like big enough to fit a school binder in. She does some really unusual stuff with it. I forgot that you even crochet! -your Seattle buddy.