Thursday, December 20, 2007

Party Day

I love the excitement of the kids I work with this time of the year but man every year I forget how much it wears me out. Today was our Christmas party for the kids. It's amazing all the cool gifts the kids brought. I'm very thankful for them but at the same time it would have been k if they didn't bring me anything many of them I know it stretched their budget. For anyone reading this that has to give "teacher gifts" think about giving things like gift certificates or other things that are consumable. I know that may sound strange but there are only so many coffee mugs that fit in a cabinet and it now being 17 Christmas's I have taught I have a lot of knickknacks and such. I really like one gift I got today. It was a basket with hot chocolate, chocolate dipped spoons for stirring it and peppermints no mug but stuff to go in ones already in the cabinet YEAHHHHHHH. Also got some bubble bath and expensive shower gel things that wont have to be dusted but will be enjoyed over many months. I really like stuff like that a whole lot better than stuff that has to be dusted. I don't mean to sound ungrateful I really appreciate the things I have gotten from kids over the years. Just I'm bad about cluttering up places and I'm finally starting to get some things decluttered and really really appreciate the things that will not be adding to my clutter of knickknacks. I did also get a really cool bible bookmark and a pretty Christmas tree pin. I think the best thing I got the whole day of "party day" was a big smile and a hug bye from one of the kids. Just the pure joy in their face was better than any physical gift.

4 comments:

Pungo River Rambling said...

Momo I didn't know you are a teacher. Being a teacher is a hard job. Gratifying I am sure. I had 5 kids in 7.5 years and entertained them as toddlers with crafts and reading. Both things I loved. I didn't go to college but I felt like a teacher raising the kids. It feels good when you know you are teaching a child something. Even if it is just getting them interested in something. Too bad though that kids don't just give their teacher apples or like you say CHOCOLATE. Smile

Momo said...

yea I teach preschool special needs kids somedays it feels like im banging my head against a brick wall and somedays it's soooooooo special.

Raine said...

Have a lovely Christmas Momo

Pungo River Rambling said...

Merry Christmas Momo